2020 Lyme General Election Information
The General Election will be held Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Polls are located in the Lyme School Community Gymnasium and are open from 7am to 7pm. Bring photo ID. Wear a mask. If you don’t have one, one will be provided to you.
- The Supervisors of the Checklist met for the purpose of additions and corrections to the Voter Checklist on Wednesday October 28, 2020 in the Lyme Town Office Conference Room from 5pm to 6pm. This was the final opportunity to register to vote aside from the ability to register at the polls on November 3,2020.
- You may register to vote at the polls
- Absentee ballots may be obtained at the Town Clerk’s Office during office hours up until 5pm, Monday November 2nd. They must be returned by 5 pm November 3rd by hand delivery to the USPS clerk, hand delivery to the Clerk’s Office or to the polls.
- Observing updated Covid response procedures, absentee ballots may also be hand delivered to the polls and received by 5pm.
- Absentee ballots will be pre-processed beginning at 9am on Monday November 2, 2020 in the Lyme Town Office Conference Room. Any registered voter may observe this process.
- Final processing of absentee ballots will begin at 8am on November 3rd at the polls located in the Lyme School Gym. Any registered voter may observe this process.
LYME LISTSERV UPDATE FROM TOWN CLERK, PATTY JENKS, ON NOVEMBER 1st AT 8:07PM
Happy Sunday evening…..cold and dreary, though it is…. Here’s a quick recap of upcoming Monday and Tuesday schedules…..
Monday, the Clerks office is open from 8-5. Extended hours, from 2-5 are for absentee ballot and election prep only. No vehicle registrations after 2pm.
And speaking of vehicle registration, please hold off on coming in for those until after 9am. We have a little computer attitude to work through before we can use the computer program.
We will be pre-processing absentee ballots Monday, beginning at 9am in the town office conference room.
Tuesday, November 3, polls open for the General Election at 7 am and close at 7pm. Located in the Lyme School Gym on Union Street, the polls will be managed by an election team to help with sanitizing, questions, directions and general assistance to keep us all safe and the election running smoothly. Please wear your mask in the school.
You will be asked to present a photo ID to receive your ballot. All clerks are behind protective barriers during our efforts to observe safety measures. If you can please speak clearly while announcing your name and address to receive your ballot, and again when you deposit your ballot, that’s so appreciated. And please do understand, our requests for announcing your name isn’t just because we can’t remember you or are hassling you; it’s a requirement and one designed to assure we don’t mark the wrong voter.
Absentee ballots may be delivered to the town clerks during Election Day until 5 pm. Anyone wishing to cast an absentee ballot after 5 pm, needs to speak with the Moderator.
If you choose to mail your ballot from the Lyme PO, be absolutely sure to hand the envelope directly to a member of the post office crew. We will be checking the mail frequently until 5pm for mailed ballots.
Finally, don’t hesitate to call the office if you have questions. 795-2535. Thank you all very much for putting up with these repetitious messages. The need for these is almost over…but you can bet, I’ll be back soon!
Leave A Comment