News and Notes:
Day of Service – Sign Up Please! Walk-ins Welcome!
Click here to help complete neighbors’ projects
Click here to help Green Up Lyme roads
Stop by the Lyme School for a Grab & Go brunch between 9am & 1pm. All welcome!
Mental Health Awareness Month. Visit our NEW Self-Care webpage at CCLyme.org for ways to care for yourself and reduce stress. The theme for this year’s Mental Health Awareness Month is “Together for Mental Health”. You can learn more by visiting NAMI’s website here: https://www.nami.org/Get-Involved/Awareness-Events/Mental-Health-Awareness-Month
Join us for many programs designed to uplift our spirits such as: Day of Service, Our Hour, May Flowers and Mothers! If you’d like to make friendly visits or phone calls to neighbors, let us know!
Older Americans Month. The Administration for Community Living’s (ACL.gov) 2022 theme is “Age My Way”. We’ll explore Aging in Community and many options and choices for your best experience. We’ll gather for conversations among neighbors and share partner organizations’ programs. Be sure to look at our upcoming events, for more information.
National Photography Month. We would love you to consider sharing images you’ve captured each week. We are seeking to have a virtual “community captures” gallery on our website! Share with CommunityCare of Lyme here, or email to email@example.com
Weekly health and well-being tips, resources, and recipes …
Monday’s Menu. This week join me in trying Glass Noodle Salad Bowls from Mary Ellen Valverde of VNutrition.
If you have an original recipe OR a recipe you have adapted that you would love to share please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org Click here to see all the Monday’s Menu recipes.
Wellness Wednesday. Have you been looking for a fun way to be active and socialize? Learn more about Lyme Pickleball!
If you have a wellness topic you would like to share about OR would love to learn more about, please contact email@example.com. See all Wellness Wednesday posts here.
Orford Senior Center May Newsletter
Our partner organization, Orford Senior Center (serving Lyme), has shared their May Newsletter and Inserts here. They offer programs – now including on-site bingo! – weekly Grab ‘n Go meals, daily home delivered meals, and more.
Those Guys Tent Rentals!
Those Guys are renting their tents for this outdoor season. As always, funds raised through this effort are distributed to community organizations. This post includes all the details. We are extremely grateful for Those Guys’ support. What a crew!
Vaccination. The best protection for most of us continues to be vaccination. Whether it’s your first or second dose or a booster, at Vaccines.gov you can search for vaccination locations and make an appointment. It’s quick and easy!
Testing. Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order 4 FREE at-home COVID-19 tests (This is a 2nd offer!) Please use this link: https://www.covidtests.gov/ They’ll ship as supplies are available.
For up-to-date information on testing, vaccines, and more in New Hampshire, visit www.covid19.nh.gov. Note that Upper Valley locations in Vermont can also serve NH residents.
Stay safe: Let’s all do our best to stay safe and keep others safe. As mandates are lifted, keep your mask along to wear it inside when requested or when safe distancing isn’t possible.
Contact CCL if you would like help navigating the system or have questions, and we’ll do our best to get you the most up-to-date answers and help you may need. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-795-0603.
Extending a Warm Upper Valley Welcome
Financial support is needed! Donations to the CCL Welcome Fund support Afghan evacuees and others displaced by challenging circumstances. Go to cclyme.org/donate or mail a check to CCL at PO Box 127 Lyme, NH 03768. Please note that your donation is for the Welcome Fund.
Get involved! Our new neighbors appreciate help with rides, opportunities to practice English, occasional meals, and simple, warm connection with neighbors. Thanks to so many who have been a part of the welcome so far. If you would like to join in, please contact Martha Tecca (email@example.com, 603-795-0603). She helps coordinate the Lyme/Upper Valley Neighborhood Support Team, partnering with Ascentria Care Services, a state resettlement office.
We are here. Every Day. 603-795-0603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reach out when you or someone you care about needs a hand. If you could use information, help, a listening ear or ways to bring someone else joy, contact us at 603-795-0603 or help@CCLyme.org. Our phone is answered every day, usually in person. Our welcoming living room in the Lyme Center Academy is a terrific place to relax, read, visit with friends, or meet with a CCL team member. It is now open Monday through Thursday from 9am – 11am, and by appointment. Be in touch, any time. You’ll reach a friendly voice, a little (or a lot of) help, and creative, safe ways to be involved.
Check out the Lyme Events Calendar, the Valley News Calendar, Lyme organizations (see several links at the end of this message) or the Aging Resource Center for more ideas.
We are pleased to pass on news shared by Lyme organizations.
- Saturday, May 7. Lyme’s Day of Service and Green Up Day Could you use a hand this year for a Day of Service Project? Could you lend a hand this year to a neighbor? Might you help clean up a road in town? “Many hands make light work!” Contact us at email@example.com or 603-795-0603. Or sign up now! Projects for neighbors, Road clean up. More info here. Brunch To Go will be available at the Lyme School Parking lot from 9am – 1pm. Can’t lend a hand on the actual day of service (5/7)? Not to worry! We can coordinate with you to find a time that works best for a 2-3 hour volunteer project.
- Saturday, May 7th. Trade, Transportation & Toys at the Lyme Historians Museum from 10am – 1pm
- Tuesday, May 10th. Our Hour at 10:30am in the CCL Living Room. Join us for warm conversation with friends and neighbors new and old!
- Tuesday, May 10th. Lyme Food Pantry at 1pm CCL hosts the distribution every Tuesday at Lyme Congregational Church. Call ahead to order, or just stop by. DELIVERY AVAILABLE.
- Wednesday, May 11 th. Bingo at the Orford Senior Center from 9am – 10:30am.Please call to make your reservation: 603-353-9107 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All participants must sign in and sign out; masks optional. Contact CCL if you could use a ride. Also Wednesdays, 18,& 25.
- Wednesday, May 11th. FREE Reiki with Stephanie Carney at the CCL office. Weekly, starting at noon. To make an appointment contact email@example.com or call 603-795-2419.
Save the date!
- May flowers and Mothers. Wednesday, May 18th at 4pm. Join CCL in our 2nd annual gathering on Kathy Sherrieb’s beautiful patio. If you have flowers from your garden that you can spare, we would love you to bring them. We’ll have the opportunity to do a flower swap so everyone leaves with a beautiful arrangement of flowers from friends and neighbors. No flowers? No worries! We’ll all share in whatever bounty is generously provided. At this gathering we’ll also celebrate Mothers in honor of Mother’s Day. We warmly welcome you to share stories, photos and poems – whatever might speak to you. We will offer light refreshments during this program. All warmly welcome!
- Mindful Photography Gathering. Sunday, May 22 4-5:30pm (Postponed from 4/14). The focus is on noticing the world around you by thoughtfully capturing a limited number of photos as opposed to a regular photo shoot where the objective might be to capture hundreds. Bring whatever camera you have- your smartphone, a point & shoot, a DSLR, or mirrorless. Shelby and Stephanie of CommunityCare of Lyme will be your hosts. Open to all levels. Meeting at the CommunityCare of Lyme Office. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-795-0603 for more information. Registration required by Friday, May 20th at noon to help us plan.
*NOTE: For any event that’s not online, please be prepared with a mask and clean hands. Safety guidance, and hosts’ comfort continues to evolve.