Graduates, teachers, parents, and all those who have completed an extraordinary chapter of your lives, we celebrate YOU! What a year it has been! Such promise lies ahead … for you, and for all of us, because of you. We recognize all of the learning, sharing, and teamwork that led to this moment, whether you are a student, an educator, a provider, or a supportive family or community member. We are grateful for you, and we wish you the very best.
Friends, it seems that Summer couldn’t be coming at a better time. Can you give yourself a bit of a breather? It really is time to stop and smell the roses … and the peonies, and those remaining lilacs. Of course, there’s plenty to do. And, truly, there is plenty of time. (Yes, we are reminding ourselves, as well ?.) We would love to hear that you’ve taken care of yourself. Maybe share a photo or two of how you’ve filled your sails?
We also honor the completion of another extraordinary chapter in Lyme as we remember Eleanor Mudge, who died last week, one week shy of her 104th birthday. As the oldest living Lyme resident, she is the holder of the Boston Post Cane.
So much has been achieved by the community, working together, and by you. Please take time to breathe in the spirit of celebration.
Patty, Martha, and the whole CCL Team.
News and Notes:
Celebrating this month …
Agriculture – Showcasing the hard work of our local farmers and gardenier. We celebrate the past, present and future of agriculture in our community. We have so many skilled and dedicated women, men, and children dedicated to raising crops, animals, flowers, and more, benefitting our health, well-being, economy, and the earth. Watch for stories, photos, and activities throughout the month!
- A gathering to celebrate Farms and Fathers: Thank you to all who gathered with us on Wednesday evening to celebrate, to share and to enjoy exploring the past and present of agriculture in Lyme.
- From the VegiCare team: “LETTUCE be mindful, here’s a HEADS up! … please plant an extra row or two, to share your bounty with many or few.” The season starts on July 5th, with Monday drop off of vegetables and fruit to share. A team of volunteers delivers the harvest to grateful neighbors. Growers and deliverers are always welcome! Contact Mimi (email@example.com, 603-381-2074) or Dayle (firstname.lastname@example.org, 802-359-4346) with questions or to share your veggies or thyme.
If you appreciate or are involved in local agriculture, and would like folks to know more, please email email@example.com.
Pride Month – Love is Love. This week there is a festival and webinar, which celebrate inclusion for all.
Please contact us to share stories or resources in support of Pride month, and always let us know how CCL might help you or someone you know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-795-0603.
Weekly health and well-being tips, resources, and recipes …
Monday’s Menu. Click here to read this week’s recipe, Kale Caesar with Roasted Chickpeas, from Anna Pippin, MSHN. Anna says, “This delicious, tangy Kale Caesar Salad is made with tons of fresh kale and tasty, crunchy chickpeas. It is quick and easy to toss together and full of fiber, protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, and Calcium! It is sure to be a crowd pleaser!” Click here to see all the Monday’s Menu recipes.
Wellness Wednesday. Click here for this week’s post, “S.T.O.P. for Your Self-Care “Submitted by Laurie Veillette. Learn a coping strategy to help you calm and reflect.. See all the Wellness Wednesday posts here.
If you have a wellness tip or a healthful recipe you would like to share, please contact email@example.com.
Meals on Wheels and Grab-N-Go Meals update from Orford Senior Center
Every Thursday at noon, Grab-N-Go hot meals are available at Orford Congregational Church. A small donation is requested ($3 for those 60+, $5 for others.) These are the meals delivered as “Lunch & Learn” by the Lyme Parish Nursing Program. The Home Delivered Meals program (“Meals on Wheels”) now delivers healthy hot meals five days a week! It’s easy to sign up. Call Lisa at 603-536-1204. You may also contact CCL at 795-0603 or the Parish Nursing Program at 795-2850 to learn more.
We are here. Every day. 603-795-0603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reach out when you or someone you care about needs a hand. If you could use information, help, a listening ear or ways to make someone else feel really good, contact us at 603-795-0603 or help@CCLyme.org. You’ll reach a friendly voice, a little (or a lot of) help, and creative, safe ways to be involved.
We partner with organizations and generous volunteers to connect you with just the right resources and opportunities to get involved, in Lyme and in nearby communities: Vaccination support. Trusted “handy” helpers for small jobs (reasonable rates or at no cost). Volunteers for deliveries, errands, technology support, and more. Food. Jenks Fund help with special “little things” to ease your mind or lift the spirits. You name it. And you can join in, in so many ways.
You can find events and fun activities to enjoy, following Covid-safe protocols. Check out the Lyme Events Calendar, the Valley News Calendar, or the Aging Resource Center for ideas.
This week, don’t miss:
- TODAY Thursday (6/17): Lyme School 8th Grade Graduation. CONGRATULATIONS!
- Friday (6/18): Lyme School Last Day of School.
- Sunday (6/20): HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!
- Tuesday (6/22) at 1pm: Lyme Food Pantry Fresh Produce and Staples Pick-up or Delivery at Lyme Congregational Church. Farmers market style fresh produce from Willing Hands, Pete & Gerry’s Eggs, and local bakers. All who ask can receive a box of non-perishable items. Gift cards for other groceries and prepared meals are also available. Boxes of food may be ordered ahead, and if we’re asked for something special we’ll do our best to make it available. There is plenty. Contact us at 795-0603 or email@example.com.
Save the Date:
Lyme Events Calendar information is gathered from multiple sources, including the town, library, local bulletins and businesses. Here are a few direct links to organizations’ full schedules:
Lyme and other local listservs
Lyme Library Calendar
Lyme Community and Church Newsletter
Lyme School Events Listing
Town of Lyme Website
Daybreak Upper Valley daily newsletter Click to subscribe
Valley News online calendar
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Aging Resource Center
Please share any additions or edits to calendar items, so that we can include them in the online calendar.