News and Notes:
Current help requests
A few neighbors would love a hand with spring projects. This week’s Project List: Stacking Firewood.
If you can help in the next several days, at your convenience , please let us know at email@example.com or call 603-795-0603.
There are many active Covid cases in Lyme and neighboring communities.
Please Stay safe: Let’s all do our best to stay safe and keep others safe. Though mandates are lifted, please keep a mask along to wear it inside when requested or when safe distancing isn’t possible.
Vaccination. For a first or second dose or a booster, at Vaccines.gov it’s quick and easy to search for vaccine locations and make an appointment.
Testing. Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order 8 FREE at-home COVID-19 tests (This is a 3rd offer!) Go to www.covidtests.gov/. They’ll ship as supplies are available. See a previous Wellness Wednesday post for most testing resources and other covid safety links and programs.
Quarantine. The CDC website quarantine/isolation calculator allows you to enter details about your situation and helps you make a quick call about how long you should stay away from others, based on the CDC’s published guidelines. This will be most helpful if your symptoms are past. The Lyme Parish Nurses are able to help if you have quarantine or other questions about staying safe and healthy. Call 603-795-2850 x 3, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. They respond to messages within 24 hours.
For up-to-date information on testing, vaccines, and more in New Hampshire, visit www.covid19.nh.gov. Note that Upper Valley locations in Vermont can also serve NH residents.
Contact CCL if you would like help navigating the system or have questions, and we’ll do our best to get you the most up-to-date answers and help you may need. Email email@example.com or call 603-795-0603.
NH Gives – Support CCL June 7-8!
NH Gives was a 24-hour online fundraiser started by the NH Center for Nonprofits as an initiative to show support for the Granite State’s nonprofit sector. Thank you to all who donated so generously!
June is …
LGBTQ+ Pride Month. Love is Love. Learn more about Pride Month by viewing this ABC interview with Sam Ames, director of advocacy and government affairs at The Trevor Project. (June 1, 2022)
Queen City Pride. Events scheduled throughout Pride Week (6/11 – 6/18) in Manchester, NH. The week culminates in the first Pride Parade in Manchester on Saturday, June 18th.
This week, we’re sharing a National resource and advocacy group called SAGE. Their website states, “We’re a national advocacy and services organization that’s been looking out for LGBTQ+ elders since 1978. We build welcoming communities and keep our issues in the national conversation to ensure a fulfilling future for all LGBTQ+ people.” Please visit their website to learn more about their work.
Each week this Pride Month CCL will share resources. Please let us know about events or information you would like us to include.
National Great Outdoors Month. We will focus on different ways to enjoy the great outdoors each week as part of our Wellness Wednesday initiative. We’d love to hear from you as we add to our “summer bucket list” of outdoor activities to enjoy in and around the Upper Valley.
How about trying something new? Enjoy the outdoors this month with the Utility Club’s Free Qi Gong Class Series! Meeting Tuesdays at 5pm at Post Pond. Learn more here.
Aging in Community
Dartmouth Aging Resource Center (“ARC”, throughout the Lyme Events Calendar) has an amazing array of programs, activities, and supports. Here’s a link to this week’s ARC newsletter. You can subscribe.
The Orford Senior Center (serving Orford and Lyme) programming is expanding! On-site bingo, followed by a meal! Weekly Grab ‘n Go and daily home delivered meals. Use the following links for more information: June newsletter, menu, book club, and ongoing Grafton County Senior Citizens Council activities. For more information or to sign up for meals or activities, contact Eileen Nickles, OSC coordinator: 603-353-9107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weekly health and well-being tips, resources, and recipes
Monday’s Menu. A fresh salad for these summery nights: Minted Summer Couscous with Watermelon and Feta from Maria Speck on theKitchn.com (Jan 29, 2020)
If you have an original recipe OR a recipe you have adapted that you would love to share please email me at email@example.com Click here to see all the Monday’s Menu recipes.
Wellness Wednesday. Stephanie Graudons, Program Assistant at CCL, shares ideas for enjoying Saturday’s National Get Outdoors Day. Enjoy this week’s post here.
If you have a wellness topic you would like to share about OR would love to learn more about, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. See all Wellness Wednesday posts here.
Extending a warm Upper Valley welcome
Financial support is needed! Donations to the CCL Welcome Fund support Afghan evacuees and others displaced by challenging circumstances. Go to cclyme.org/donate or mail a check to CCL at PO Box 127 Lyme, NH 03768. Please note that your donation is for the Welcome Fund.
Get involved! Our new neighbors appreciate help with rides, opportunities to practice English, occasional meals, and simple, warm connection with neighbors. Thanks to so many who have been a part of the welcome so far. If you would like to join in, please contact Martha Tecca (email@example.com, 603-795-0603). She helps coordinate the Lyme/Upper Valley Neighborhood Support Team, partnering with Ascentria Care Services, a state resettlement office.
Those Guys Tent Rentals!
Those Guys are renting their tents for this outdoor season. As always, funds raised through this effort are distributed to community organizations. This post includes all the details. We are extremely grateful for Those Guys’ support. What a crew!
We are here. Every Day. 603-795-0603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reach out when you or someone you care about needs a hand. If you could use information, help, a listening ear or ways to bring someone else joy, contact us at 603-795-0603 or help@CCLyme.org. Our phone is answered every day, usually in person. Our welcoming living room in the Lyme Center Academy is a terrific place to relax, read, visit with friends, or meet with a CCL team member. It is now open Monday through Thursday from 9am – 11am, and by appointment. Be in touch, any time. You’ll reach a friendly voice, a little (or a lot of) help, and creative, safe ways to be involved.
Check out the Lyme Events Calendar, the Valley News Calendar, Lyme organizations (see several links at the end of this message) or the Aging Resource Center for more ideas.
We are pleased to pass on news shared by Lyme organizations.
Please check the Listserv or call the event organizer. Due to the community spread of Covid, things are changing regularly.
Specials – Congratulations to all graduates!
- Friday, June 10th. Lyme School’s Walk/ Bike to School Day
- Friday, June 10th. Hanover High School – Graduation
- Friday, June 10th. Thetford Academy -Graduation
- Saturday, June 11th. Global wellness day
- Saturday, June 11th. National Get Outdoors Day
- Tuesday, June 14th. Lyme School – 8th Grade Graduation.
- Tuesday, June 14th. Our Hour. We’ll meet at the CCL office at 10:30am. Our theme this month is “National Great Outdoors Month”! Our conversation will explore ways we can enjoy, and celebrate the outdoors regardless of constraints to usual activities.We are tentatively planning to meet in person, socially distanced outside. Please bring your mask.
- Wednesday, June 15th. World Elder Abuse Awareness Day.
- Monday, June 6th. National Gardening Exercise Day.
- Sunday, June 19th. Father’s Day.
- Sunday, June 19th. Skip Matthews Memorial Run. Colburn Park, Lebanon. 1 mile fun run/walk 9am. 4 mile run at 10am.
- Saturdays 10am-1pm, Wednesdays 11am-2pm. Lyme Historians Exhibit – Trains: Transportation, Trade, & Toys. At the Historians Museum.
- Tuesdays at 1pm. Lyme Food Pantry at 1pm CCL hosts the distribution every Tuesday at Lyme Congregational Church. Call ahead to order, or just stop by. DELIVERY AVAILABLE.
- Tuesday afternoons. Pardon my Garden Lyme Gardeners visit local gardens. This week visit Melinda & Richard Stucker in Norwich 4:30-7. Click the event link for address and details about the program. Questions about Lyme Gardeners? Please contact Anne Baird.
- Tuesdays at 5pm throughout June. Free Qi Gong at Post Pond, made possible by the Utility Club.
- Wednesday afternoons. FREE Reiki with Stephanie Carney in the CCL Living Room at the Lyme Center Academy Building. For an appointment. Contact email@example.com or 603-795-2419.
- Thursdays. Bingo 9-10:30am, Grab-N-Stay (or Grab-N-Go) Meal 11am at the Orford Senior Center. Please call to make your reservation: 603-353-9107 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All participants must sign in and sign out; masks optional. Contact CCL if you could use a ride. Meal delivery is available.
Save the date!
- Monday, July 18th. Lawn Party Luncheon 11am – 1pm at the Teccas’ home in Orford. Join CommunityCare of Lyme and the Orford Senior Center for our annual community gathering overlooking the beautiful Connecticut River. Would you like to help with food or logistics? We have fun! Contact email@example.com or call 603- 795-0603.
- Saturday, August 6th. Thai Dinner fundraiser. Paphanh and generous volunteers prepare an amazing meal, with proceeds to CommunityCare of Lyme and the Lyme Congregational Church.
- Saturday, September 24th. 2022 Lyme Health and Wellness Fair. A big day!! Lots more to come.
All of these events require many helping hands. If you would love to volunteer, or be a part of an event planning committee please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 802-468-7776.
Thank you for your consideration!
*NOTE: For any event that’s not online, please be prepared with a mask and clean hands. Safety guidance, and hosts’ comfort continues to evolve.