News and Notes:
Updated Covid-19 recommended precautions for fully-vaccinated people.
Vaccination is both safe and also the best protection against serious illness and death due to Covid-19. If you have not been vaccinated, it is now easy. Click here to find the most convenient site for the vaccine of your choice. Also watch for “pop-up” walk-in vaccination clinics happening frequently, including at our upcoming Lyme Health and Wellness Fair.
Due to the rapid spread of the delta variant of Covid-19, the CDC has revised its recommendations. Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Dartmouth College, and local businesses and organizations have changed their safety protocols. Practices for opening, working from home, masking, and distancing will be evolving in response to changing conditions, locally and wherever we may travel. Again, it’s time for patience and respect – for our own health and that of others. Isn’t it always?
Contact us if you have questions, and we’ll do our best to get you to the most up-to-date answers. Email email@example.com or call 603-795-0603.
Celebrating this month …
Family Fun Month. The month of August is a celebration of fun! As the days of summer wear on, and we’ll share some fun ideas to make this month well, fun! Here are a few fun ideas for the month:
- Another few ideas from our Summer Bucket List post submitted by Jay Davis in June 22, 2017
- Bike the Prouty
- Hike Cardigan at sunset/ under moonlight
- Canoe on the CT. river
- Walk up Grant Brook in the stream
- August 26: National Dog Day – Plan a fun adventure with your furry friend! We’d love to hear your plans, and see photos too!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have ideas for our community summer bucket list. We’d love to hear from you!
Blueberries! It has been an amazing season for blueberries. Thank you to our local farms for your commitment to your craft: our pancakes were made tastier; our cereal sweeter; our memories greater for your hard work and hospitality in allowing the community into your fields.
National Make-a-Will Month. Wills are how we let others know our goals and plans for our assets (like our money and our home) and our health care, so that when we’re gone or can no longer make our own decisions, our wishes are honored. Did you know that Dartmouth-Hitchcock has a Honoring Care Decisions program which allows you the opportunity for one on one planning conversations with a planning facilitator? Learn more about this local resource by visiting their website here: https://www.dartmouth-hitchcock.org/patients-visitors/advance-care-planning
Weekly health and well-being tips, resources, and recipes …
Monday’s Menu. Click here to read this week’s recipe, Quinoa Broccoli Cashew Stir-Fry, from Anna Pippin, MSHN. Anna says, “This is an easy and delicious vegetarian stir-fry with lots of flavor! Perfect for those weeknights when you need a quick and healthy dinner. Lots of protein, fiber, iron, calcium, vitamin A, and vitamin C!” Click here to see all the Monday’s Menu recipes.
Wellness Wednesday. Click here for this week’s post, “Creating Healthier Habits with Friction” to learn some tips on how to make healthful behavioral changes that are easy to implement, and more likely to yield positive outcomes.
See all the Wellness Wednesday posts here.
If you have a wellness tip or a healthful recipe you would like to share, please contact email@example.com.
Those Guys Tent Rentals!
Those Guys are renting their tents for this outdoor season. As always, funds raised through this effort are distributed to community organizations. This post includes all the details. We are extremely grateful for Those Guys’ support. What a crew!
We are here. Every day. 603-795-0603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reach out when you or someone you care about needs a hand. If you could use information, help, a listening ear or ways to bring someone else joy, contact us at 603-795-0603 or help@CCLyme.org. Our phone is answered every day, usually in person. Our welcoming living room in the Lyme Center Academy is a terrific place to relax, read, visit with friends, or meet with a CCL team member. It is now open often during the week and by appointment. Give us a call to confirm times. Be in touch, any time. You’ll reach a friendly voice, a little (or a lot of) help, and creative, safe ways to be involved.
There is a LOT going on out there! Check out the Lyme Events Calendar (a selection of events from lots of calendars), the Valley News Calendar (especially for all kinds of arts in the area, but lots more), Lyme organizations (see several links at the end of this message) or the Aging Resource Center for ideas.
Lyme is happening!
We are pleased to pass on news shared by Lyme organizations about their summer plans.
- Lyme Food Pantry. Hosted by CCL every Tuesday at 1pm at Lyme Congregational Church. Farmers market style produce, plus non-perishable items. Call ahead to let us know what you’d like (603-795-0603), or just stop by. DELIVERY AVAILABLE.
- Lyme Town Band. Concerts upcoming, with date TBD.
- Bargain Barn. Open with M,W,F and Saturday hours. Clothing, bric-a-brac, household objects, linens, jewelry and accessories, among other items. Proceeds benefit area nonprofit organizations.
- Lyme Historians. Museum and Barn are open on Saturdays and Wednesdays. Chesley Schoolhouse open the last Sundays of summer months, and a few select other days.
- VegiCare. Monday drop-offs of gardeners’ bounty and love-filled produce deliveries to neighbors.
- Crossroads Academy. Weekly summer programs. New topics each week. Remember that the Pearl Dimick Fund offers summer camp scholarships. The CCL Jenks Fund can also help. Call the CCL helpline-795-0603- to speak with someone about financial relief.
Live Music is Happening!
Here are some of the many live music happening around the Upper Valley.
- Front Porch Concert Series. Series held each Thursday starting at 7pm at Colburn Park in Lebanon. Rain Location: First Congregational Church at 10 South Park Street Lebanon.
- Thursday Night Concert Series. Lake Morey Resort from 8-10pm. Proceeds benefit Umbrella. Concert series runs through August. Lake Morey Resort also hosts live entertainment each Friday and Saturday night throughout the summer on their Lakefront patio.
- The Weekend Tune Up Series. Every Friday at 7pm at the Salt Hill Pub in West Lebanon, enjoy “the Upper Valley’s best live acoustic rock”.
- Music in the Meadow. Tuesdays, July 20 – August 24th at the Grantham Recreational Park from 6:00 – 8:00pm. Featuring live music, and food trucks.
- Front Porch Music Series. Saturdays at 4pm at Salt Hill Pub in West Lebanon. Enjoy acoustic rock, country and Americana on their front porch.
- Skunk Hollow Tavern in Hartland Four Corners. Wednesday Open Mic 5:30-8:30pm, and live bands on Fridays 5:30-8:30pm
Save the Date:
- Tuesday (9/14): Our Hour Zoom Meeting 10:30. Come share your memories, stories, poems, and hope about Autumn foliage, apple picking, pumpkin pies, etc. We would love for you to join in and please contact email@example.com to RSVP so she can send you the link!
- Saturday (9/25): The Lyme Health & Wellness Fair and Lyme Fest, on the Common. Planning is underway for a big day! Please reach out to Shelby@cclyme.org if you’d like to learn more or be a part of it.
- Saturday (10/2): Thai Meal on the Common, raising funds for Lyme Congregational Church and CommunityCare of Lyme 5-7pm. Paphanh is giving back, with gratitude for the community.
- Sunday (10/17): CCL Blue Jeans and Bluegrass Community Appreciation Celebration, 3-7pm at the Ramsden’s barn on Breck Hill. Dan Freihofer and the Dinosaurs will play! LOTS more to come.
Check out the Lyme Events Calendar for a full listing of upcoming events selected for Lyme and neighboring communities.
Calendar information is gathered from multiple sources, including:
Lyme and other local listservs
Lyme Library Calendar
Lyme Community and Church Newsletter
Lyme School Events Listing
Town of Lyme Website
Daybreak Upper Valley daily newsletter Click to subscribe
Valley News online calendar
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Aging Resource Center
Please share any additions or edits to calendar items, so that we can include them in the online calendar.