Lyme Electric Vehicle Buying Resource
Update – April 2021
compiled by Lyme neighbor Harry Higgs
I have updated the Electric Vehicle Buying Resource (click for the current full version) for April. This post includes the updated items. Please let me know if you have bought an EV or a plug-in hybrid, and feel free to keep letting me know how I can make this more useful.
- Lyme has added another EV and another plug-in hybrid (a Toyota RAV4), to bring the current total to 13 EVs and 13 plug-in hybrids in Lyme. I got the following in-put from the RAV4 buyers:
- There’s a long waiting list. They reserved theirs in October, and got it in mid-January.
- It’s an AWD and was very good in the winter.
- They’ve gotten about 30-35 miles per charge over the winter.
- They’re expecting about 40 miles per charge in the summer.
- The RAV4 qualifies for the full $7500 EV tax credit!
- I’ve added a link outlining which cars are still eligible for the Federal tax credit. It’s also in the “Incentives” section.
- Vermont Law School conducted a webinar on EVs in the Upper Valley (click for the video), on March 21. .
- The Thetford Energy Committee has gotten a web page up on the town website, with a number of handy resources, including an “Ambassador Team” who can answer specific questions.
Leave A Comment