Banana Berry Oatmeal Bars | Holistic Nutrition
Submitted by Anna Pippin, MSHN
These wholesome and delicious bars are naturally gluten free and vegan, and full of deliciousness. They would be a great breakfast, after school snack, or even dessert! Throw them together in less than 10 minutes, pop them in the oven, and they’ll be ready in 30-35 minutes. Enjoy!
- 1 cup dates, pitted and halved
- 1½ cups apple juice
- 3 cups rolled oats, divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
- 1 large or 2 small ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- ½ cup walnuts
- In a small bowl, soak the dates in the apple juice for 10 to 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a 9×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, making sure the sides are covered. Cut slits in the corners of the paper so that it overlaps and lies flat.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups of the rolled oats with the cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder. Mix and set aside.
- Place the remaining 1 cup of rolled oats, the bananas, and the vanilla extract into a blender. Remove the dates from the apple juice and set aside. Strain the juice, add it to the blender, and blend until creamy.
- Add the dates to the blender, and pulse a few times until the dates are in small pieces.
- Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredient bowl. Mix well. Stir in the berries and walnuts.
- Using a spatula, pour the batter into the baking pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3 g 5 %
Saturated Fat 0 g 2 %
Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0 %
Sodium 1 mg 0 %
Potassium 101 mg 3 %
Total Carbohydrate 15 g 5 %
Dietary Fiber 2 g 6 %
Sugars 6 g
Protein 2 g 4 %
Vitamin A 0 %
Vitamin C 2 %
Calcium 5 %
Iron 3 %
Recipe from: https://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/vegan-breakfast/banana-blueberry-bars/
Would you like to submit a recipe for Monday’s Menu? Please contact email@example.com to collaborate.
[…] for quick, fun and healthy weeknight meals. Click here to read this week’s recipe, “Banana Berry Oatmeal Bars” submitted by Anna Pippin, MSHN. Thank […]