Coconut Carrot Ginger Soup
Submitted by Anna Pippin, MSHN
If you’re looking for a way to use up those beautiful carrots from your garden, then this carrot ginger soup is for you. Carrots are the main ingredient in this easy and delicious soup with only a handful of other wholesome and healthy ingredients. It has the perfect combination of creamy from the coconut milk, sweet from the carrots, and spice from the ginger!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 lb. of carrots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons peeled and grated ginger
- 4-6 cups broth (depending on desired consistency)
- 1 13.5oz. can of coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add in onions and stir for a couple minutes.
- Add the carrots, garlic and ginger and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and allow it to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the coconut milk.
- Allow the soup to cool a bit and then use an immersion blender to blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 13 g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 9 g||45 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 721 mg||30 %|
|Potassium 443 mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11 g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||9 %|
|Sugars 5 g|
|Protein 6 g||11 %|
|Vitamin A||631 %|
|Vitamin C||5 %|
See it on Anna’s website at: https://www.holisticnutritioncoach.org/coconut-carrot-ginger-soup
If you have a recipe you would like to share, please reach out to email@example.com.
Manager of Program Development
CommunityCare of Lyme
Leave A Comment