Chickpea Noodle Soup
Submitted by: ANNA PIPPIN, MSHN
This chickpea noodle soup is creamy, comforting, warm, and delicious! Not to mention it is loaded with plant based protein, fiber, vitamin A, iron, calcium, and potassium. This recipe is quick and easy, and will become a family favorite!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained, or 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta of choice
- 8 cups of vegetable broth (add additional broth for a more liquid soup)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add in the onion, celery, carrots, and salt. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes as the veggies begin to soften.
- Stir in the garlic powder and turmeric. Cook for an additional minute. Add in the bay leaf, chickpeas, broth, and pasta.
- Raise the heat to bring the soup to a simmer and let simmer for at least 15 minutes or until the noodles are done to your likeness.
- Remove the bay leaf, if using.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 3 g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 192 mg||8 %|
|Potassium 519 mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 37g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10 g||40 %|
|Sugars 8 g|
|Protein 10 g||20 %|
|Vitamin A||261 %|
|Vitamin C||6 %|
Find the recipe at https://www.holisticnutritioncoach.org/chickpea-noodle-soup.
I made this & it was excellent! Thank you:)
I’m so glad! 🙂