Spicy Corn Chowder (vegan)
Submitted by Shelby Wood
Add a little spice to these chilly nights!
- 1 Dried New Mexican Chili Pepper
- 1/4 c. oil
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- Approx. 1 c. cubed potatoes – I prefer red
- 1 TBSP smoked paprika
- 1 Pea sized squirt of Carolina Reaper paste (optional – this adds a LOT of heat!)
- 2 cans of whole kernel corn
- 1 box of vegetable broth
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Chop onions and garlic, add to large pot with oil over medium heat.
- Once onions are transparent add diced potatoes and vegetable stock to pot.
- Chop or tear dried New Mexican chili pepper and add to pot.
- Add cans of corn.
- Bring to boil.
- Drop down to simmer and add in spices for ~ 25 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Add in coconut milk for the final 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! I have served with a hard crusted bread.
Adapted From: https://www.makingthymeforhealth.com/vegan-roasted-poblano-corn-chowder/
Works Cited / Source:
Sarah. “Vegan Roasted Poblano Corn Chowder.” Making Thyme for Health, 20 Feb. 2018, https://www.makingthymeforhealth.com/vegan-roasted-poblano-corn-chowder/.
If you have a recipe you would like to share, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manager of Program Development
CommunityCare of Lyme
Leave A Comment