We are inspired by the annual reminder to experience the gift of giving – and receiving, too – and we’re promoting opportunities to do both this season.
Celebrate by joining in, with generous service, open receipt of love and care, and joyful participation in events. Look for ways to share your gifts and to lift up others by receiving theirs. There are so many options:
- Be part of a sparkling, special day on and around the Lyme Common! Enjoy a walk among the lights and bid on your favorite tree to take home or donate at the Utility Club of Lyme Tree Festival. Visit the Utility Club Cookie Sale and the Night of the Nativities at the Lyme Congregational Church. (Share your own creche with dozens of others to make the display even more special.) Sing carols and enjoy holiday treats and festive beverages at the Lyme Historians Wassail Party.
- Learn comforting tips about Handling Life’s Challenges During the Holidays in a conversation guided by Bill Hudenko, PhD with the CCL Mental Health Team. Join us by Zoom. To register, click the link, call 603-795-0603 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spread the joy of reading with a stop at the Friends of Lyme Library Used Book Sale December 2nd 11:30am-2pm and explore and purchase gifts of art at Matt Brown Fine Art Gallery holiday show, including a wide range of artists and art.
- Enjoy Tea with Shelby in the CCL Living Room – easy time and treats together during a sometimes challenging season.
- Enjoy the 75th Lyme Christmas Pageant, December 9th & 10th, and other community gatherings.
- Join us for Jingle & Mingle, CCL’s holiday Open House, December 17th 3-6pm back in the Lyme Center Academy Building, with the Kids Holiday Gift Shop and craft table hosted by the Lyme School PTO.
- Stop by the CCL office and living room to ask a question or for some warm conversation, during open hours (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, 11am-1pm, Wednesday 9-11am) or make an appointment.
- Support your favorite charity or non-profit, beginning on #GivingTuesday … or now! (hint: CCL is a great choice! Your donation supports operations and ongoing programming, or you can specify gifts for the Welcome Fund or Jenks Fund.)
See more event details by clicking on the events listed on this page.
Click here for a printable version of Lyme Holiday Events Listing, with lots of special gatherings through year end.
If you know of another event we could help to promote, please get us the details. If you’d like to organize something new, CCL is here to support you! See the calendar for details on upcoming events, and give us a call.
Contact CommunityCare of Lyme