News and Notes:
CCL Blue Jeans and Bluegrass party. Celebrate Community!
Sunday (10/17) 3-6 PM at Ramsdens’ Barn on Breck Hill. A celebration of YOU: volunteers, partners, neighbors and friends! Everyone is invited. Dan Freihofer and the Dinosaurs will be playing live bluegrass music throughout the event. We’ll have Jeff Snelling’s pig and chicken roast, scrumptious sides, and delicious desserts for you to enjoy. If you’d enjoy adding your favorite apple-themed dessert to the feast, that would be fun! There will be a harvest sharing table for bounty you might like to share (Apples? Pumpkins? Root veggies? Fall flowers? Halloween Costumes?). Lawn games will be available too. It will be fun for the whole family! RSVP to help us plan, or just come. Do you have questions, or would you like to help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-795-0603.
October is Arts and Humanities Month
Throughout the month, we will share information and local resources for engaging in events and programs that lift up the arts and culture. Here are just a few for your consideration:
- Matt Brown Fine Art: 3rd Annual Wild about Watercolor. Party this Friday 10/15 at 5-7PM hosted by Matt Brown Fine Art. See the gallery, vote for your favorite works in each category and learn more about the party here.
- The Dartmouth Aging Resource Center extensive list of programs includes drawing, singing, and poetry readings. Review this week’s ARC update here. See ARC’s event calendar to learn more about the offerings.
- NH Humanities supports programming and events throughout our state. Learn more about their upcoming events here. Many are virtual too!
- Halloween Themed Humanities Programs –
- NH Humanities – Case Closed on the 1873 Smuttynose Ax Murders. Thursday 10/14 at 7PM hosted by Chichester Town Library in Chichester. Learn more here.
- NH Humanities – New Hampshire Cemeteries and Gravestones. A virtual event, Wednesday 10/20 at 6:30PM hosted by Nesmith Library in Windham. Learn more here.
- NH Humanities- The Capital Crime of Witchcraft: What the Primary Sources Tell Us. Monday 10/25 at 6:30PM hosted by Exeter Public Library. Learn more here.
- HOP – Boris Karloff: The Man Behind the Monster. Sunday 10/31 at 4:00PM hosted by the Hopkins Center for the Arts at Dartmouth. Learn more here.
Do you have an Arts or Humanities program you would like us to share? Email email@example.com
Weekly health and well-being tips, resources, and recipes …
Monday’s Menu. This week’s Monday’s Menu is from Patty: French Onion Chicken Casserole. Asking her for a recipe idea, this immediately popped to mind: “I tried this last week, and it is really good!” That’s comfort food!
*A huge amount of gratitude for Anna Pippin’s regular contributions these last few months and a congratulations to her on new opportunities! With her new opportunities Anna is unable to continue submitting weekly, so we would LOVE to learn your favorite recipe(s). Please send your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to see all the Monday’s Menu recipes.
Wellness Wednesday. This week we are sharing Winter Thrills: Trying New Things on Shorter Days. In preparing for shorter days I’ve shared highlights from an article that supports trying new things even as an adult. What will you commit to trying this winter? We’d love to hear from you! Need help getting started, or don’t know where to start? Let us know, we might be able to help connect you with area programs, resources, classes etc.
See all Wellness Wednesday posts here.
If you have a wellness tip or a healthy recipe you would like to share, please contact email@example.com.
We are here. Every day. 603-795-0603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reach out when you or someone you care about needs a hand. If you could use information, help, a listening ear or ways to bring someone else joy, contact us at 603-795-0603 or help@CCLyme.org. Our phone is answered every day, usually in person. Our welcoming living room in the Lyme Center Academy is a terrific place to relax, read, visit with friends, or meet with a CCL team member. It is now open often during the week and by appointment. Give us a call to confirm times. Be in touch, any time. You’ll reach a friendly voice, a little (or a lot of) help, and creative, safe ways to be involved.
There is a LOT going on out there! Check out the Lyme Events Calendar (a selection of events from lots of calendars), the Valley News Calendar (especially for all kinds of arts in the area, but lots more), Lyme organizations (see several links at the end of this message) or the Aging Resource Center for ideas.
Lyme is happening!
We are pleased to pass on news shared by Lyme organizations.
- “Our Hour” Gathering with a Fall Fun theme. We’ll share poems, stories, recipes, and more with each other at the CommunityCare of Lyme Living Room in the Lyme Center Academy Building, Wednesday, 10/20 at 10:30am. Please RSVP email@example.com.
- Lyme Congregational Church. In person worship is back! Sundays at 10:30am. Bring a mask. Join a family hike after worship. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Lyme Historians. Museum and Barn are open on Saturdays and Wednesdays through October.
- Lyme Food Pantry. CCL hosts every Tuesday at 1pm at Lyme Congregational Church. Call ahead to let us know what you’d like (603-795-0603), or just stop by. DELIVERY AVAILABLE.
- Lyme Library. Please visit the library website for current information on hours and programs.
- Happy Feet Clinic. CCL hosts three Thursdays a month at the Lyme Center Academy Building. Appointment required. Expert foot care with nurse Susan Hannah Rose. Call 802-296-1112 0r email email@example.com to schedule a time.
- Those Guys. Monthly first Wednesday in-person meeting.
*NOTE: For any event that’s not online, please be prepared with a mask and clean hands. Safety guidance, and hosts’ comfort continues to evolve.
Check out the Lyme Events Calendar for a full listing of upcoming events selected for Lyme and neighboring communities.
Calendar information is gathered from multiple sources, including:
Lyme and other local listservs
Lyme Library Calendar
Lyme Community and Church Newsletter
Lyme School Events Listing
Town of Lyme Website
Daybreak Upper Valley daily newsletter Click to subscribe
Valley News online calendar
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Aging Resource Center
Please share any additions or edits to calendar items, so that we can include them in the online calendar.