Arroz con Habichuelas (Puerto Rican rice and beans)
Submitted by Lara Dwyer, CCL Board Member
A tasty and forgiving recipe.
- 2 T olive oil
- large bunch chopped cilantro
- 1/4 lb ham
- 4 cans small beans (15 oz each) with the juice (small white, small pink or black beans all work well)
- 2 cans of water (use the bean can, about 30 oz total)
- 6 oz tomato sauce
- 2 packages Sazon con azafran seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 2 T white vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- Sofrito (one onion, one green pepper and a head of garlic in food processor)
- 2 potatoes cut into small cubes
Sauté the cilantro and ham in olive oil for a couple of minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, and simmer for about 25 minutes. Serve over white rice.
If you have a recipe you would like to share, please reach out to email@example.com.
Manager of Program Development
CommunityCare of Lyme
Leave A Comment