Kale Caesar with Roasted Chickpeas
Submitted by Anna Pippin, MSHN
This delicious, tangy Kale Caesar Salad is made with tons of fresh kale and tasty, crunchy chickpeas. It is quick and easy to toss together and full of fiber, protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, and Calcium! It is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
● One 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
● 1 teaspoon garlic powder
● 1/3 cup mayonnaise
● 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
● 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
● 1-2 garlic cloves, finely grated
● 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan, plus more for serving
● 1 pound of kale, stemmed and chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray the baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place the chickpeas on the baking sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and bake for 20-30 minutes.
3. While chickpeas are baking, whisk the mayonnaise with the lemon juice, mustard, garlic and the parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the kale to a large salad bowl and toss the dressing on the kale to coat.
5. Add the warm baked chickpeas and toss again. Top with shredded Parmesan, if desired, and serve.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 18 g 27 %
Saturated Fat 2 g 11 %
Monounsaturated Fat 3 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 9 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8 mg 3 %
Sodium 602 mg 25 %
Potassium 618 mg 18 %
Total Carbohydrate 31g 10 %
Dietary Fiber 8 g 33 %
Sugars 5 g
Protein 12 g 25 %
Vitamin A 570 %
Vitamin C 164 %
Calcium 176 %
Iron 7 %
Recipe Adapted from: https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/kale-caesar-fried-chickpeas?utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social-share-recipe&utm_content=20210613&utm_term=1054798
If you have a recipe you would like to share, please reach out to email@example.com.
Manager of Program Development
CommunityCare of Lyme
Leave A Comment