Quinoa Broccoli Cashew Stir-Fry
Submitted by Anna Pippin, MSHN
This is an easy and delicious vegetarian stir-fry with lots of flavor! Perfect for those weeknights when you need a quick and healthy dinner. Lots of protein, fiber, iron, calcium, vitamin A, and vitamin C!
- 1 cup dry Quinoa
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 large head broccoli (10 oz. florets, about 4 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated ginger (about a 1 inch piece)
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 2-3 Tbsp. tamari, soy sauce, or liquid aminos
- Cook your quinoa.
- While the quinoa is cooking, thinly slice the onion.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onion for 8-10 minutes. (I use about 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method, adding more as needed.)
- Meanwhile, mince garlic and grate ginger. Cut broccoli into florets and chop celery.
- When the onion is translucent, add garlic, ginger, and broccoli. Stir.
- Add 1/4 cup water (or vegetable broth), cover, and let broccoli steam for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Important: keep an eye on it and add more water/broth as needed to keep the pan from drying out.)
- Add cashews and tamari, soy sauce, or liquid aminos. (Start with 2 Tbsp. tamari and add more as desired.)
- Stir well and heat for another 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is desired tenderness.
- Serve over a warm quinoa.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 15 g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 515 mg||21 %|
|Potassium 442 mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 52 g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8 g||32 %|
|Sugars 8 g|
|Protein 15 g||30 %|
|Vitamin A||131 %|
|Vitamin C||137 %|
Recipe Adapted from: https://www.thegardengrazer.com/2019/03/broccoli-cashew-stir-fry.html
See it on Anna’s website at: https://www.holisticnutritioncoach.org/quinoa-broccoli-cashew-stir-fry
If you have a recipe you would like to share, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manager of Program Development
CommunityCare of Lyme
[…] Menu. Click here to read this week’s recipe, Quinoa Broccoli Cashew Stir-Fry, from Anna Pippin, MSHN. Anna says, “This is an easy and delicious vegetarian stir-fry with lots […]