News and Notes:
JINGLE ALL THE WAY! DECEMBER 22nd at 7pm
Please join CommunityCare of Lyme in celebrating the holiday season with the Jingle All the Way! virtual variety show. In collaboration with producer Thomas Chapin, and with the lovely submissions from you all, we are grateful to be able to share this year’s show with a special release viewing party.
We will be celebrating with both a virtual release and an in-person screening on Wednesday, December 22nd at 7pm. Whether you watch with family and friends at home (click on the link we’ll post at cclyme.org/jingle), or you choose to join a small, safe group in the CCL living room*, we are so excited to celebrate the holiday season with you! Hot cocoa, candy canes, roasted chestnuts, and your favorite holiday attire are all strongly encouraged!
*Respecting the changing COVID status, we will limit the number of people, wear masks and safely distance ourselves, at our in-person screening in the CCL Living Room. If you would like to join us , please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-795-0603 to reserve your spot.
THERE’S STILL TIME, through Sunday, to be a part of the show:
Send your videos, photos, and audio recordings of songs, dances, stories, and any other bits of holiday inspiration to email@example.com. Call 603-795-0603 with questions.
2021 Lyme Community Holiday Events Calendar
A listing of seasonal events happening in Lyme (and welcoming all our neighbors!) came to Lyme postal addresses before Thanksgiving. If you would like a copy, please reply to this email or call 603-795-0603, and we’ll send out a copy. An updated list of upcoming events can be seen here.
December is …
Stress Free Family Holiday Month.
This week we are sharing a post from “Forbes Health”, entitled Healthy Holidays Are Possible—The Key Is Finding Your Balance. To pull this article together, editors Jessica Lester and Alena Hall spoke with health experts from various sectors to look at health risks, and ways to seek balance both physically and mentally throughout the holiday season. Read the article Healthy Holidays Are Possible – The Key is Finding Your Balance.
“Healthy Holidays Are Possible-the Key Is Finding Your Balance.” Edited by Jessica Lester and Alena Hall, Forbes, Forbes Magazine, 6 Dec. 2021, https://www.forbes.com/health/body/healthy-holiday-guide/.
Weekly health and well-being tips, resources, and recipes …
Monday’s Menu. Due to a website issue, we did not share a recipe this week. We are very much looking forward to hearing your favorite holiday recipes and sharing some tasty ideas next week! Please send your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to see all the Monday’s Menu recipes.
Wellness Wednesday. For this week’s Wellness Wednesday, we have shared the the CDC’s Activities, Gatherings & Holidays page for you to review and consider as you plan holidays with loved ones. You can view this week’s post here.
See all Wellness Wednesday posts here.
If you have a wellness topic you would like to share about OR would love to learn more about, please contact email@example.com.
Orford Senior Center December Newsletter
Our partner organization, Orford Senior Center, has shared their December newsletter here. Please review their upcoming program offerings, and menu for their weekly meals.
COVID vaccine clinic at the Orford Congregational Church on Monday, December 27, from 11 am to 3 pm. Walk-in clinic. No appointment needed. Limited to 200 people, first come first served. Please expect a wait. Offering Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson and Johnson vaccines. For anyone ages 5 and older for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or booster doses. Not limited to NH residents. Children 18 and under will need a parent or guardian present to sign consent forms. Please bring a form of identification. If you have a vaccine card from prior doses, please bring it.
Let’s all do our best to stay safe and keep others safe, while lifting spirits with healthy ways to stay active and involved. Keep your mask along, and wear it inside or when safe distancing isn’t possible.
Overall, the best protection for the vast majority of us continues to be vaccination – either initial dose(s) or a booster, if you’re eligible. Seek your doctor’s advice if you have any questions about how the current recommendations affect you. At Vaccines.gov, you can search for vaccination locations and make an appointment. You can also schedule directly with retailers, such as Walmart and CVS. Walmart in Woodsville has lots of vaccination appointments and has been an easy, efficient, friendly experience for those who’ve used the site. New sites and new practices are happening all the time. As has so often been the case during this pandemic, a little patience will go a long way!
Testing. The federal and state governments are working hard to increase the availability of instant home tests, but it can be challenging to find the kits in stock. If you receive extra tests that you might like to share, please contact Lyme’s Emergency Management Director, Margaret Caudill-Slosberg, at firstname.lastname@example.org or CCL by responding to this email or by calling 603-795-0603.
Contact CCL if you would like help navigating the system or have questions, and we’ll do our best to get you the most up-to-date answers and help you may need. Email email@example.com or call 603-795-0603.
Extending a Warm Upper Valley Welcome
In partnership with Concord-based Ascentria Care Alliance and other efforts across the Upper Valley, the Lyme/Upper Valley Neighborhood Support Team (NST) is building a sustainable, community-based model for resettlement that allows us to share the abundance of the Upper Valley. We are all working together to ease a very difficult transition in some wonderful families’ lives. There are many more families to welcome over the next couple of months. If you would like to help, please contact KJ (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Martha (email@example.com, 603-795-0603). Donations to the CCL Welcome Fund support refugee resettlement across the Upper Valley and new Lyme families with urgent needs. Go to cclyme.org/donate or mail a check to CCL at PO Box 127 Lyme, NH. Please note that your donation is for the Welcome Fund.
We are here. Every day. 603-795-0603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reach out when you or someone you care about needs a hand. If you could use information, help, a listening ear or ways to bring someone else joy, contact us at 603-795-0603 or help@CCLyme.org. Our phone is answered every day, usually in person. Our welcoming living room in the Lyme Center Academy is a terrific place to relax, read, visit with friends, or meet with a CCL team member. It is now open often during the week and by appointment. Give us a call to confirm times. Be in touch, any time. You’ll reach a friendly voice, a little (or a lot of) help, and creative, safe ways to be involved.
There is a LOT going on out there! Check out the Lyme Events Calendar (a selection of events from lots of calendars), the Valley News Calendar (especially for all kinds of arts in the area, but lots more), Lyme organizations (see several links at the end of this message) or the Aging Resource Center for ideas.
Lyme is happening!
We are pleased to pass on news shared by Lyme organizations.
- Jingle All the Way! Virtual Variety Show. Thank you to all who submitted bits of cheer! We are so excited to share good tidings with you all through our Video release December 22nd at 7pm. Go to cclyme.org/jingle. Email email@example.com to join a small in-person gathering at the CCL Living Room. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-795-0603.
- Lyme Food Pantry. CCL hosts every Tuesday at 1pm at Lyme Congregational Church. December 21st is our Holiday Food Pantry, including meat for your holiday meal entrees. Call ahead to let us know what you’d like to make your Christmas special (603-795-0603), or just stop by. DELIVERY AVAILABLE.
- Lyme Congregational Church. Sunday worship is at 10:30am. Bring a mask. Caroling and holiday gift delivery. Sunday 12/19 at noon. ALL WELCOME! Meet at the church. NO in-person Christmas Eve services. Worship will be pre-recorded and a link will be made available at lymecc.org. Go to lymecc.org for more information.
- Mindful Movement with Guided Meditation with Tracy Penfield. Conscious breathing, gentle movement (standing and/or in chair) and guided meditation. In the CCL Living Room Wednesdays, December 22nd, January 5 and 19 at 10:30am. Learn more here.
- Lyme Historians. Museum open Saturday 12/29 2-4pm.
- FREE Reiki with Stephanie Carney at the CCL office. Weekly starting Wednesday, January 5 at noon. To make an appointment contact Stephanie at email@example.com or by phone at 603-795-2419. Learn more here.
- Make your New Year’s Resolutions SMART! Speaker Panel. January 5 at 7pm Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-795-0603 for additional information, or if you have expertise in a related health/wellness area and would love to be a part of our discussion.
- Our Hour Warm Conversation – Zoom January 11 at 10:30, In-Person January 12 at 10:30 New Year Hope and Last Year Appreciation. RSVP to email@example.com
- Those Guys. Monthly meetings on the first Wednesday of the month.
- Lyme Library. Please visit the library website for current information on hours and programs.
- Happy Feet Clinic. CCL hosts three Thursdays a month at the Lyme Center Academy Building. Appointment required. Expert foot care with nurse Susan Hannah Rose. Call 802-296-1112 0r email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time.
*NOTE: For any event that’s not online, please be prepared with a mask and clean hands. Safety guidance, and hosts’ comfort continues to evolve.