News and Notes:
Celebrating this month …
Coming together! So thankful for good direction about how to be safe as we appreciate live music events, committees and boards meeting in person, friendly visits at home, celebrations and greetings with hugs!, and especially shared community meals. See lots more below and on the Lyme Events Calendar.
Parks and Recreation Month – Celebrating the beauty and bounty of parks locally and nationally.
If you love to explore and/or travel to local and national parks and would like to share photos for use both in print or online, please email email@example.com. Have tips and tricks for making the most of your park trip? We’d love to hear from you too! If you love to explore and/or travel to local and national parks and would like to share photos for use both in print or online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Have tips and tricks for making the most of your park trip? We’d love to hear from you too!
Weekly health and well-being tips, resources, and recipes …
Monday’s Menu. Click here to read this week’s recipe, Walnut Basil Pesto, from Anna Pippin, MSHN. Anna says, “Herbs such as basil have powerful health benefits including potent antioxidants and anti-inflammatory effects. The polyphenols in herbs help fight diseases such as cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer’s, diabetes and more. Polyphenols are also anti-microbial, so they can help protect us from harmful bacteria as well. If you’re looking for a way to use up all of that fresh basil from your garden, this quick and easy pesto recipe is the perfect solution! Use it on pizza or pasta, in sandwiches, soups, or salads!” Click here to see all the Monday’s Menu recipes.
Wellness Wednesday. Click here for this week’s post, “Don’t Worry About Anything Except the Horse”submitted by KJ Dell’Antonia. Finding ways to quiet our mind, and fully focus on what we’re doing in the moment to give ourselves a mental break, and engage with a different part of our brains. Read a bit about KJ’s experience in the saddle. See all the Wellness Wednesday posts here.
If you have a wellness tip or a healthful recipe you would like to share, please contact email@example.com.
Those Guys Tent Rentals!
Those Guys are once again renting their tents for this coming outdoor season. As always, funds raised through this effort are distributed to community organizations. This post includes all the details. We are extremely grateful for Those Guys’ generosity and support with tents for community events. What a crew!
We are here. Every day. 603-795-0603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reach out when you or someone you care about needs a hand. If you could use information, help, a listening ear or ways to make someone else feel really good, contact us at 603-795-0603 or help@CCLyme.org. You’ll reach a friendly voice, a little (or a lot of) help, and creative, safe ways to be involved.
We partner with organizations and generous volunteers to connect you with just the right resources and opportunities to get involved, in Lyme and in nearby communities: Vaccination support. Trusted “handy” helpers for small jobs (reasonable rates or at no cost). Volunteers for deliveries, errands, technology support, and more. Food. Jenks Fund help with special “little things” to ease your mind or lift the spirits. You name it. And you can join in, in so many ways.
There is a LOT going on out there! Check out the Lyme Events Calendar (a selection of events from lots of calendars), the Valley News Calendar (especially for all kinds of arts in the area, but lots more), Lyme organizations (see several links at the end of this message) or the Aging Resource Center for ideas.
Lyme is happening!
We are pleased to pass on news shared by Lyme organizations about their summer plans. Click on the links for details …
- Bargain Barn. Open with M,W,F and Saturday hours. Clothing, bric-a-brac, household objects, linens, jewelry and accessories, among other items. Proceeds benefit area nonprofit organizations.
- Those Guys. Resuming monthly first Wednesday in-person meetings at Stella’s.
- Crossroads Academy. Weekly summer programs. New topics each week. Remember that the Pearl Dimick Fund offers summer camp scholarships. The Jenks Fund can also help.
- Monday (7/12) at 12:30pm: Lawn Party Luncheon on the River at Teccas’ home in Orford. Co-hosted by CommunityCare of Lyme and the Orford Senior Center. Lyme and Orford community members all welcome! Meal prepared by neighbors. There is no cost for the meal. Donations will be accepted to cover expenses and support future programming. To RSVP or offer help, click here, email email@example.com or call 795-0603. Please share with neighbors who won’t see this note.
- Tuesday (7/13) at 10:30am: Our Hour Zoom Gathering. This month it’s all about Summer Fun. We look forward to seeing you. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802 727 0284.
- Tuesday (7/13) at 1pm: Lyme Food Pantry Fresh Produce and Staples Pick-up or Delivery at Lyme Congregational Church. Farmers market style fresh produce from Willing Hands, Pete & Gerry’s Eggs, and local bakers. All who ask can receive a box of non-perishable items. Gift cards for other groceries and prepared meals are also available. Boxes of food may be ordered ahead, and if we’re asked for something special we’ll do our best to make it available. There is plenty. Contact us at 795-0603 or email@example.com.
Save the Date:
- Wednesday (7/21): 5:30pm Community Meal – Welcome Home! on the Lyme Common. Come and welcome over 50 new Lyme neighbors! Everyone is invited to bring something you enjoy sharing for the meal. Lyme organizations will be there to share what they’re doing and how you might get involved. It will be safe, informal, and fun! More to come. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 795-0603, or click here to register now, if you’d like to be involved.
Check out the Lyme Events Calendar for a full listing of upcoming events selected for Lyme and neighboring communities.
Calendar information is gathered from multiple sources, including:
Lyme and other local listservs
Lyme Library Calendar
Lyme Community and Church Newsletter
Lyme School Events Listing
Town of Lyme Website
Daybreak Upper Valley daily newsletter Click to subscribe
Valley News online calendar
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Aging Resource Center
Please share any additions or edits to calendar items, so that we can include them in the online calendar.