Introduction to Self-Compassion
Presentation by Lily Bickford, Wellness Coach
In our first Mental Health Team discussion for 2023, we were so grateful for the opportunity to share Introduction to Self-Compassion with our Upper Valley Community. Lily Bickford, Wellness Coach from Hanover CBT, led the discussion and provided exercises to engage in self-compassion.
We discussed and defined what “self-compassion” is, and how to meaningful engage in this practice. Lily challenged us to think of how we might talk with a close friend going through a hard time, and then how we might talk with ourselves going through a similarly challenging situation. It was eye opening to stop and explore how different, and critical we can be when dealing with ourselves. To further the conversation, Lily then discussed the three core elements of self-compassion practice: presence, connected, loving. In wrapping up the evening we engaged in mindfulness practice together.
Thank you Lily for sharing your time, passion and knowledge with our community!
To play the recording please click the ► button on the bottom left hand side of the video.
For more information:
* CCL’s Mental Health Team is active in offering new opportunities for the Upper Valley Community, and will continue to evolve with input from individuals and organizations looking to support mental health. All are welcome to be a part. Mental health and wellness needs are broad and varied. This team’s programming and services will be responsive to input received from community members. Please contact us if you would like to help identify resources or share programming, or if you have questions or suggestions about topics to address. Email email@example.com or call our main number at 603-795-0603.
Mental Health Topics Book Group
Starting on Wednesday, January 25th at 6pm. Meetings weekly for 8 weeks in the Lyme Center Academy Building. This program is currently at capacity.
Monthly Mental Health Discussion Series (First Tuesday of the Month, Exact program titles are TBD)
- Communicating with Loved Ones – Tuesday, February 7th at 6pm
- Coping with the winter blues – Tuesday, March 7th at 6pm
- Organization, Time Management & Spring Cleaning – Tuesday, April 4th at 6pm
- Sleep – Tuesday, May 2nd at 6pm
If you have a wellness themed topic you would like to share or learn more about, and/or blog/vlog about as an expert in a health/wellness related field, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manager of Program Development
CommunityCare of Lyme
If you or someone you know is struggling, please reach out for help. These are two available resources:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988
Crisis text line: 741741
For emergencies, always dial 911
Leave A Comment