News and Notes:
“Jingle All the Way!” is Live
Please join CommunityCare of Lyme in celebrating the holiday season with the Jingle All the Way! virtual variety show. Thanks again this year to amazing producer Thomas Chapin and to so many of you for taking part in the lovely submissions! share this year’s show and a community photo album. Watch the show video now, by clicking here*. You can go to cclyme.org/jingle anytime, for the link and to view the community photo album. We’ll continue to add photos of the season … just send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hot cocoa, candy canes, roasted chestnuts, and your favorite holiday attire are all strongly encouraged!
* If you would appreciate a little tech support to watch the video, please contact CCL. We’re happy to walk you through the process! email@example.com or 603-795-0603.
December is …
Stress Free Family Holiday Month.
This week we are sharing resources presented on Caryola.com. They share various family-friendly tips to promote a stress-free holiday, including links to fun activities like: make your own wrapping paper and creating handmade gifts. Check-out the resources here: Stress-Free Winter Holidays
“Https://Www.crayola.com/for-Parents/Party-Ideas/Stressfree-Winter-Holidays.aspx.” Crayola.com, Crayola , https://www.crayola.com/for-parents/party-ideas/stressfree-winter-holidays.aspx.
Weekly health and well-being tips, resources, and recipes …
Monday’s Menu. A holiday hack for your baked Brie! Quick, easy and a holiday party favorite too! See this week’s Monday’s Menu post here.
If you have an original recipe OR a recipe you have adapted that you would love to share please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to see all the Monday’s Menu recipes.
Wellness Wednesday. This week, we shared holiday cheer and good tidings! Warm, fuzzy socks, hot cocoa (or tea) are all strongly encouraged for this week’s Wellness Wednesday: We’re Jingling All the Way!
See all Wellness Wednesday posts here.
If you have a wellness topic you would like to share about OR would love to learn more about, please contact email@example.com.
Orford Senior Center December Newsletter
Our partner organization, Orford Senior Center, has shared their December newsletter here. Please review their upcoming program offerings, and menu for their weekly meals.
For up-to-date information on testing, vaccines, and more, visit www.covid19.nh.gov.
Testing. The federal and state governments are working hard to increase the availability of instant home tests, but it can be challenging to find the kits in stock. If you receive extra tests that you might like to share, please contact Lyme’s Emergency Management Director, Margaret Caudill-Slosberg, at firstname.lastname@example.org or CCL by responding to this email or by calling 603-795-0603.
The latest on at home testing: No-cost COVID testing for all areas in NH, offered through “New Hampshire and Vault Medical Services”. Learn more and request your tests here: https://learn.vaulthealth.com/nh/
We have also been made aware of another option for at home test kits: Offered through “A cooperative effort from state and local health departments, the National Institutes of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and community partners.” You can learn more and request your kit by visiting their website here: https://sayyeshometest.org/faq.html Please note kits are available while supplies last, with one kit per address.
Vaccination. Overall, the best protection for the vast majority of us continues to be vaccination – either initial dose(s) or a booster, if you’re eligible. Seek your doctor’s advice if you have any questions about how the current recommendations affect you. At Vaccines.gov, you can search for vaccination locations and make an appointment. You can also schedule directly with retailers, such as Walmart and CVS. Walmart in Woodsville has lots of vaccination appointments and has been an easy, efficient, friendly experience for those who’ve used the site. New sites and new practices are happening all the time. A little patience will go a long way!
Upcoming vaccination clinics:
Lyme and Orford Vaccine Walk-in Clinics, first come-first served. Please expect a wait.
Monday, 12/27, 11am-3pm at the Orford Congregational Church. Limited to 200 people.
Wednesday, 12/29, 9am-3 pm at Lyme Fire Station. Limited to 350 people.
No appointment needed. Operated by the NH Mobile Vaccine Program with volunteer support from local organizations. Both will offer Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson and Johnson vaccines, for anyone age 5 years and older for 1rst, 2nd, 3rd or booster doses. (Boosters are for those 16 yrs and older, 6 months after their last dose of primary vaccine series.) There are no residency requirements. Children 18 and under will need a parent or guardian present to sign consent forms. Please bring a form of identification. If you have a vaccine card from prior vaccine doses please bring it.
NH’s second Booster Blitz in the Upper Valley, details to be released after the holidays.
Saturday, January 8, 2022 Most likely will be by appointment only.
Stay safe: Let’s all do our best to stay safe and keep others safe, while lifting spirits with healthy ways to stay active and involved. Keep your mask along, and wear it inside or when safe distancing isn’t possible.
Contact CCL if you would like help navigating the system or have questions, and we’ll do our best to get you the most up-to-date answers and help you may need. Email email@example.com or call 603-795-0603.
Extending a Warm Upper Valley Welcome
In Lyme and across the Upper Valley, many organizations are working together to ease a very difficult transition in some wonderful families’ lives. There are many more families to welcome over the next couple of months. If you would like to help, please contact Martha (firstname.lastname@example.org, 603-795-0603) or KJ (email@example.com). Donations to the CCL Welcome Fund support refugee resettlement across the Upper Valley and new Lyme families with urgent needs. Go to cclyme.org/donate or mail a check to CCL at PO Box 127 Lyme, NH. Please note that your donation is for the Welcome Fund.
We are here. Every Day. 603-795-0603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reach out when you or someone you care about needs a hand. If you could use information, help, a listening ear or ways to bring someone else joy, contact us at 603-795-0603 or help@CCLyme.org. Our phone is answered every day, usually in person. Our welcoming living room in the Lyme Center Academy is a terrific place to relax, read, visit with friends, or meet with a CCL team member. It is now open often during the week and by appointment. Give us a call to confirm times. Be in touch, any time. You’ll reach a friendly voice, a little (or a lot of) help, and creative, safe ways to be involved.
There is a LOT going on out there! Check out the Lyme Events Calendar (a selection of events from lots of calendars), the Valley News Calendar (especially for all kinds of arts in the area, but lots more), Lyme organizations (see several links at the end of this message) or the Aging Resource Center for ideas.
Lyme is happening!
We are pleased to pass on news shared by Lyme organizations.
- Matt Brown Fine Arts. Special holiday hours 10/23: 10am-5pm, 10/24, 10am-1pm.
- Lyme Congregational Church. Sunday worship is at 10:30am. Bring a mask. ALL WELCOME! Meet at the church. NO in-person Christmas Eve services. Worship will be pre-recorded and a link will be made available at lymecc.org. Go to lymecc.org for more information.
- Lyme Food Pantry. CCL hosts every Tuesday at 1pm at Lyme Congregational Church. Call ahead to let us know what you’d like to make your Christmas special (603-795-0603), or just stop by. DELIVERY AVAILABLE.
- Lyme Historians. Museum open Saturday 12/29 2-4pm.
- Those Guys. Monthly meetings on the first Wednesday of the month.
- Mindful Movement with Guided Meditation with Tracy Penfield. Conscious breathing, gentle movement (standing and/or in chair) and guided meditation. In the CCL Living Room Wednesdays, January 5 and 19 at 10:30am. Learn more here.
- FREE Reiki with Stephanie Carney at the CCL office. Weekly starting Wednesday, January 5 at noon. To make an appointment contact Stephanie at email@example.com or by phone at 603-795-2419. Learn more here.
- Make your New Year’s Resolutions SMART! Speaker Panel. January 5 at 7pm Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-795-0603 for additional information, or if you have expertise in a related health/wellness area and would love to be a part of our discussion.
- Our Hour Warm Conversation – Zoom January 11 at 10:30, In-Person January 12 at 10:30 New Year Hope and Last Year Appreciation. RSVP to email@example.com
- Lyme Library. Please visit the library website for current information on hours and programs.
- Happy Feet Clinic. CCL hosts three Thursdays a month at the Lyme Center Academy Building. Appointment required. Expert foot care with nurse Susan Hannah Rose. Call 802-296-1112 0r email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time.
*NOTE: For any event that’s not online, please be prepared with a mask and clean hands. Safety guidance, and hosts’ comfort continues to evolve.